Air Brush Tanning
The Safe, Fast Tanning Alternative
For years now doctors have been telling us about the dangers of prolonged exposure to the sun. Yet people still want that healthy looking all over tan, and as a result, more and more consumers are turning to beauty salons and day spas for answers.
Aside from the health risks of sun bathing, time is also an issue in today’s fast paced world. Not everyone has enough free time to lie about under the sun getting a tan. Even if they did, the challenge of trying to get an even tan without blotches and peeling can make sun bathing a poor alternative to salon treatments. Of course the sun dries out the skin as well which is hardly appealing to those trying to improve their appearance.
‘DIY’ spray on tans are another option, but one that has its limitations. One of the major challenges with home spray tan treatments is trying to get an even coverage, particularly in those hard to reach places. Getting a good tan from a ‘DIY’ product can take some practice, and ideally involves a second person to spray those tricky areas.
At Larijames, our customers can be in and out with a South Seas spray tan in just a few minutes. A far cry from the alternatives. There is a huge range of solutions available, allowing every customer to achieve the perfect tan. Tans go on evenly and last for days, particularly when used with our tan extenders. Best of all, our South Seas spray tans look completely natural. Why sbould you spend hours in the sun when you can achieve a better result in just minutes at Larijames?
Important facts to know before you tan
How long does it take?
The entire process from start to finish takes about 10 minutes including dry time.
Who applies it?
Our female technicians have been thoroughly trained and certified on technique, professionalism and safety.
Will it be blotchy or uneven?
No, it is perfect! One coat is applied with an all natural solution. It is a natural, golden, even colored tan every time.
What do I wear?
This is up to you. Female clients may go nude, wear a bathing suit or undergarments – Bra (strapless, backless or a regular bra – straps can always be tucked in) Underwear (briefs, boxers, bikini or thong). Even though the solution will be sprayed on clothes, it does not stain and comes out in the laundry. Our policy is that male clients must wear bottoms. After your tan session, you will want to wear dark loose fitting clothing. Depending on the weather, flip flops or sandals are a good idea as well to avoid sock lines. No tight fit clothing.
How long do I have to wait to shower?
It will take 8 hours for the solution to fully be absorbed into your skin and react with amino acids to create full color. It is best to wait least eight hours before showering and doing any activates that will result in perspiring. You should wash with our body wash for long lasting results. Using a soft cloth or your hands only are best.
How long does the tan last?
Between 5- 10 days. Depending on what type of skin you have (dry skin, oily skin) this will be a factor in how long the color will last. Also another variable with how long color lasts is daily activities. MOISTURIZER IS KEY TO A LONG LASTING SUNLESS TAN! We recommend our Shea Butter Body Lotion.
Are there certain products I can’t use after my spray tan?
Yes. See the bottom of this page for a list of products that will take the color away or fade the color more quickly. Our technician can answer any other questions regarding what products to use and what products not to use. If the list below has items you use daily, let your technician know and she can recommend maintenance product to help avoid any problems you may have.
How should I prepare for my spray tan?
You should take a shower, shave and most importantly EXFOLIATE prior to your appointment. Use a loofah or body exfoliating glove to remove the dead skin. NEVER use products like apricot scrub or anything with the beads or grit, they leave a film on your skin that will not allow the solution to absorb. Clients should not come straight from school or work. Natural oils and sweat will be on your skin from the course of the day – along with products generally put on for everyday use (i.e. – deodorant, perfume). In order to get the best results possible, your skin should be clean and dry.
No time to exfoliate? No problem! We offer a quick 30 min. body polish scrub, that will have your skin perfectly polished, followed by your beautiful Sunless Tan.
- Remember, do not put anything on your skin prior to your appointment. No deodorant, moisturizers, perfume/cologne or make-up. Face wash & Make-up remover pads are available at the salon.
- Plan ahead! You will be unable to shower for 8 hours after tanning. Also, please refrain from doing any activities that will make you perspire (exercising, outdoor chores etc…).
- Tie back hair with an elastic band. Also, using a head band to secure bangs or loose hair will help in being able to fade the color into your hair line to ensure a natural, great looking tan. We have hair accessories also at the salon to use for your sunless service.
- Remove all jewelry.
- Wear dark loose fitting clothing to the salon. Avoid wearing socks. Flip flops or sandals are a better choice.
- We ask that you please be courteous and arrive on time, our technicians are scheduled to be there just for you, and the technician may have other appointments after your sunless session.
The following products will either lighten or make your sunless tan blotchy.
- Dove shower gel or deodorant soap-We recommend our body wash that’s Paraben free ,
- Any hair Inhibiting Lotions.
- Any Anti-aging products that “renew,” “refresh” or exfoliate skin.
- AHAs (Alpha Hydroxy Acids), Glycolic, Lactic, Malic, Citric, and Tartaric Acids.
- BHAs (Beta Hydroxy Acids-Salicylic Acid)
- Retin-A type products (Retin-A, Renovate, Tazorac, and Trefinoin)
- Face and Body toners containing Witch Hazel or Alcohol.
- Anti-acne products that exfoliate the skin-Accutane or Salicylic Acid.
- Makeup remover products containing oils.
- Band-Aids or adhesive tape.
- Facial masks or exfoliating scrubs.
- Adhesive facial strips.
- Wax hair removal…done 24 hours before sunless tanning.
- Depilatory hair removal products such as Nair, Veet , Neet etc.
- Shaving exfoliates the skin therefore fading the tan. Clients should use a new and clean razor with a lubricating product such as hair conditioner. Wash off conditioner when done. A dull razor will scrape off the tan.
- Body hair bleach products.
- Submersion in a hot tub, swimming pool with chlorine, salt water and even a long hot bath. Will remove your sunless tan. We recommend a tan extender that will help with fading.
- Women’s tans may also develop differently during various hormonal occurrences (ovulation, menstruation, pregnancy). It may be streaky, patchy, fade or produce a light to no color.
- Bug spray, when sprayed directly onto the skin can remove or fade the tan. Clients should spray clothing or a “cloud” of spray that they can walk through, never apply directly to the skin.
- SPF -We have a spray-on sunscreen and won’t make your tan blotchy.